Data and Privacy Policies
- All data collected or given to Baltimore Lifeguard School LLC is used internally only and is not shared with any third parties for marketing.
- Message and data rates may apply.
- All pertinent communication is through our text message system. You may opt out but information might not be sent in a timely fashion as we will have to manually call you for each message.
- Payment is required at registration. In the event that you decide not to take the class payment is still due.
- Full payment for the course must be received in order to take the final exam.
- You are required to pay all incurred fees if your check bounces.
- Any item left behind will become hefker at the end of each day.
- You are required to pay for any equipment that was broken in a non-accidental fashion.
- When you sign up for a course you are making a commitment to come to the whole class.
- By attending a class or watching a class you allow all pictures and videos taken of you or your child to be used for the advertising of Baltimore Lifeguard School.
- By attending a class you agree to Baltimore Lifeguard Schools policies.
- Classes with low enrollment may be canceled. Cancelled classes will be rescheduled or refunded at the discretion of the instructor.
- In case of inclement weather courses will be rescheduled. After 2 attempts at rescheduling classes the instructor may decide to finish the course or class the following season. If a reasonable schedule can’t be worked out you forfeit the remainder of monies received.
- Failure, Drop out, No show, and Refund Policy: The Red Cross gives you two attempts to fulfill course requirements. If you can’t demonstrate full competence in each skill we will allow you to join the next class, of similar dynamics, we offer at no additional cost to you. This offer is good for up to 3 months from the end date of the current course and may be used toward any other course that we give. After that time you may only apply 50 percent of the original tuition you paid toward any other course we offer up to 9 months. After 12 months from the last scheduled date of the original course any money not used will be forfeited.
- If there are no courses to join within the 12 month window monies will be forfeited.
- Only under extenuating circumstances will Baltimore Lifeguard School consider at a case by case basis giving a refund. If it is determined by Baltimore Lifeguard School that a refund will be processed a $50 refund fee will be charged in addition to materials consumed.
- It is the students responsibility to find courses to apply unused monies to.
- Any monetary corrections will be considered at the end of the season.
- Any price adjustments or coupons or special pricing is only valid for that year only.
- All adjustments or coupons or special pricing needs to be written in paper format only to be valid. Email or text message is not valid.
- Any adjustments made for an individual can not be brought as proof as a policy change for other individuals.
- These terms may change without warning at any time.
- There are no refunds for dropping out, missing class, or failing the course. Remaining for the entire duration of the course is mandatory.
- It is the student and parents responsibility to do their own research to understand the course requirements and pre-requisites before registering for the course. It is also understood and expected that course descriptions and pre-requisites do change over time.
- I agree to hold harmless Baltimore Lifeguard School, its owners, affiliates, staff, owners of pools that it uses of all liability.
Lifeguard course specific policies
- Identification: Proof of age is required to take the Lifeguarding course and the Wilderness First Aid course. You need to be 15 years of age by the last scheduled day of class for the Lifeguarding Course and 14 years of age by the last scheduled day of class for the Wilderness and Remote First Aid course. A copy of age verification such as passport, driver’s license, or birth certificate must be presented at the start of the first day of class for these courses.
- For every course it is assumed that the course will not take longer than 10 percent more than the advertised amount. An additional charge of $40/hour will be charged to finish a course if time runs out.
- A $10 nuisance charge will be charged to anyone who picks up a manikin or uses it in ways that it was unintended to be used, even if nothing breaks, per each infraction.